Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Sweetest Landon

I hit the jackpot when God let me be this kids momma. He turned 5 a few weeks ago and I'm still trying to wrap my head around how that happened. I really love the stage he's in right now, it is SO fun. He's old enough to be pretty independent, but still wants his mommy, loves to snuggle, says really funny things, and a lot of things that really aren't funny but he thinks are hilarious, and he's just all around a really really good kiddo. His primary teacher and preschool teacher have each told me on multiple occasions how sweet our Landon is, and that he lights up the room. I'm pretty sure my heart swells about a million sizes when I hear things like that.
Currently:
His favorite song is "buy me a boat" by Chris Janson, and it's one of my favorite things to hear him sing it with a little country twang. 
Pretty much anything that Logan is into, Landon is into.. camping, hunting, fishing, trucks, football, biking, bows and arrows, and working out. Logan loves having his little buckaroo. 
Technically he doesn't take naps anymore, but about 3 times a week he's asleep on the couch by the time 2:00 rolls around, it's probably a good thing he's not in kindergarten yet ;)
He's the best brother to Chloe, and only sometimes complains that he has to share a room with her, haha..But who can blame him? After all she likes to sing herself to sleep. 
He loves taking bike rides to the park or to QT for a treat, and I'm pretty sure 100 degree weather doesn't phase him because he wants to be outside riding his bike all. the. time. 
He's obsessed with avengers, transformers, and cars. He's going to be iron man for Halloween and he takes that roll VERY seriously. 

About a month ago I was having one of those days where I was just exhausted. I was having too many contractions, and overall wasn't feeling good. I told Landon I was going to take a nap while Chloe slept, and that he could come lay with me or watch a show, he chose a show. As I was walking to my bed he said "Hey Mom! Make sure you have some water, if you need some water!" I kind of laughed and said "Thanks bud, I'll get some if I need it" and about 45 minutes later I woke up and looked over at my night stand to see a tall glass of ice cold water. I walked out to the living room and Landon said he was worried I might forget to drink water so he decided to bring me some. I cried a little, and snuggled him for as long as he'd let me. Things like that happen all the time with this sweet boy, and not just to me. He helps Chloe get dressed and brush her teeth if she refuses to let me help her,  he constantly tells the people he loves that he loves them, and he brings so much joy into our home. We are so lucky that he's ours! 


1 comment:

  1. He is such a good kid. Thanks for being a great friend to my kids, Landon!!

    ReplyDelete